Vocational Advocacy Project (VAP) is a comprehensive employment program that was established in 1998. Lots of people have already benefited from this program.
Often domestic violence survivors live with abusers because of financial dependency. VAP services are offered to help them improve their work skills to get a job.
VAP services are free of charge and include:
- Employment skills assessment
- Resume writing
- Individual career counseling
- Computer class training
- Interview techniques
- Placement in traditional and non-traditional jobs
- Access to higher educational services
- How to ask for a salary increase
- Household budgeting and other life skills
- Follow-up services